2019 AMA Foundation Excellence in Medicine Awards
Applications will be available beginning February 4, 2019
Through the Excellence in Medicine Awards, the AMA Foundation recognizes physicians who exemplify the highest values of volunteerism, community engagement, leadership and dedication to the care of under served populations. Nominees are NOT required to be AMA members.
The awards include:
- Dr. Debasish Mridha Spirit of Medicine Award
Recognizes the work of a U.S. physician who has demonstrated altruism, compassion, integrity, leadership, and personal sacrifice while providing quality health care to a destitute, distressed, or marginalized population in an impoverished community.
- Dr. Nathan Davis International Award in Medicine
Honors physicians for outstanding international service in the areas of medical practice, medical education or medical research.
- Edmond and Rima Cabbabe Dedication to the Profession Award
Honors physicians who are committed to expanding increasing knowledge through teaching, conducting research and publishing. In addition this is heavily involved in volunteerism and philanthropic efforts in medical organizations and other civic organizations.
- Jack B. McConnell, MD, Award for Excellence in Volunteerism
Honors senior physicians (over 55 years old) who are committed to providing medical care to those without access to health care in the United States.
- Pride in the Profession Award
Honors physicians who aid under served populations in the United States.
How to apply
Nominations will be accepted via the application portal from February 4, 2019 – March 30, 2019 11:59PM CST. All supplemental materials and recommendations must be uploaded into the system by the deadline. We will not accept documents via email, fax, or mail. You will be able to complete the application process at your own pace--simply click "save & continue" as you complete each section to allow for any needed editing before final submission.
- Complete all application sections in full (mandatory). All responses must be completed within the application portal, using only the space provided for your answers. Please note the word limits for each section.
- Upload at least one recommendation letter (at least one letter is mandatory; up to 5 recommendation letters can be uploaded)
- Upload your nominee’s curriculum vitae of no more than 4 pages (mandatory)
- Upload supplemental materials about the nominee such as media related materials, etc. (optional, but highly encouraged)
- Once complete, electronically sign the nomination form and click "submit"
All nomination materials must be completed in the application portal by March 30, 2019 at 11:59PM CST. No applications or supplemental materials will be accepted via email, fax or mail.
Notifications will go out to all nominators via email, whether or not your nominee is selected, by May 1, 2019.
**The selected award recipients will be invited to attend the Excellence in Medicine Awards celebration and the opening session of the AMA House of Delegates Annual Meeting which will take place on June 7-8, 2019 in Chicago, IL.**
Questions? Email us!
Tiffany V. Seay, Senior Program Officer: email@example.com
Emily Demko, Program Associate: firstname.lastname@example.org